I want to check out a group study room. How does that work?
The Kathryn A. Martin Library has 20 study rooms available for UMD students and staff to book. To use a group study room, you must first make a reservation. It's easy!
- Go to the LibCal Room Booking calendar to see availability and place your booking.
- Then pick up the room key within the first 15 minutes of the reservation.
- Each person can book up to 3 hours a day, up to 3 weeks in advance.
- You can split your 3 hours into two or more bookings in a day, but you must allow a 3-hour interval between individual bookings.
- Learn more about booking group study rooms on our study room policies page.
The library allows less restrictive booking by UMD-affiliated users during breaks and during summer academic sessions.