Library FAQ

Find what you need in our searchable FAQ.

How do I borrow materials from other libraries? What is the difference between Interlibrary Loan and "Get It!"?


Get It is a service where UMD students, faculty, and staff can ask for delivery of materials from UMN Libraries, either from Duluth (UMD), the Twin Cities, Crookston, or Morris).  Just log into our catalog, find a title, and request it by clicking on the GET IT link. We will retrieve the title and hold it for you at the Circulation Desk. Are you a faculty or staff on campus? If so, you can choose "office delivery" as the pickup location.

If the item you want isn't available at a University of Minnesota library, you can request it through interlibrary loan in the catalog. This service goes outside of the UMN system to have it delivered to the Library.

Library guests are welcome to ask the circulation desk staff for help requesting items from University of Minnesota libraries.